We’re an enterprise software start-up already punching above our weight.
Our founders saw the potential of AI technology to help people manage tricky projects at scale. They built Braid, an intelligent planning platform, which helps professional services organisations plan, adapt and thrive.
Our team lives our values, and we're dedicated to making sure our friendly, inclusive environment grows with us. Life at Airts is challenging and rewarding - join us!
Why we’re hiring
Our customers are some of the world’s biggest professional firms, and they rightly have high expectations of us when they chose Braid. We have equally high ambitions for growth. Being recognised as 19th (and Scotland winner) in the Deloitte "Fast 50" 2019 shows that we are on the right track!
Braid is a great product, but that isn’t enough. It needs to slot in perfectly to our customers’ businesses to ensure that it is perceived well and adopted widely. This is your opportunity to own that implementation process, which is critical to how we scale.
You’ll be accountable for steering customer implementation projects to a successful conclusion, by leading our small team of Project Managers and Business Analysts as well as directly project managing some implementations yourself (at least until you learn the ropes and your team expands).
Your job is to make sure everyone is collaborating effectively and heading in the right direction. It’s no small challenge!
You’ll Need to Be
- Proven at delivering enterprise technology implementations
- Organised, detail-oriented, and disciplined when it comes to monitoring project health
- Big picture aware, and renowned for spotting the icebergs nobody else has noticed
- Comfortable asking tough questions of the team and clients and holding them to account
- An excellent communicator, able to establish trust with and motivate just about anyone
And bonus points if you have:
- Worked in a Big Four or Management Consulting environment
- Experienced projects where winning “hearts and minds” was important
What you’ll do
This role is a “Player-Manager” position, and will encompass overall programme management for our implementations department as well as direct project management on some implementations. As a programme manager you will:
- Manage our implementation team (currently 4) covering all aspects including 1:1s, personal development as well as day-to-day assignments
- Act as an internal escalation point to assist your team with any challenging issues or situations
- Define, refine and embed standard processes and tools for running Braid implementations
- Review high-profile documents prepared by your team, such as Statements of Work or Requirement Definition Documents.
- Create and improve off-the-shelf process documentation for Braid implementations
- Contribute project updates to company All-Hands meetings
- Report on project health and risk monitoring on all active implementation projects to senior leadership
When directly managing projects you will:
- Coordinate and present configuration and requirements gathering workshops to build an in-depth understanding of client processes and the problems that Braid will be solving
- Work with internal Airts stakeholders to create Statement of Work documents, including implementation plans with effort, cost and timelines
- Be the primary point of contact between the client and Airts, attending daily or weekly calls with the client as required to update on progress
- Manage customer expectations if we anticipate changes in timelines and/or budgets to the client
- Create project status reports, to track the delivery of the project with regards to timelines, budgets and risks
- Be firm with the client and manage a tight scope, making concessions or changes intentionally
- Follow a change control process and coordinate with Finance to raise any necessary invoices for changes
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to ensure that any critical development for this implementation is on track and fit for purpose
- Coordinate any necessary specialist meetings (e.g. engineers talking to client IT regarding installation or integrations)
- Work with our Business Analysts to manage the data migration process
- Coordinate planning and delivery of training
- Ultimately hand over the relationship to Account Management following the successful conclusion of the implementation
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility in your working hours
- At least £1,000 per year to spend on professional and personal development
- Monthly time out of the working week for company events, past events include hiking, go-karting, Fringe shows, canal boat trips, laser quest etc.
- 33 days holiday per year, 30 of which you can take whenever you like
- Weekly All Hands meeting for inspiration and over-communication, and lunch is on us
- Fresh fruit and healthy snack bars delivered weekly
- NEST pension scheme
- Genuinely nice, smart people as colleagues, who are excited about growing our company